Monday, July 7

A Big Girl Room for Molly




I know I've mentioned Molly's big girl room before, so I thought it was time to share its progress.  Not that it's finished- because I don't think anything around here is ever completely finished.  But it's her new space, and she loves it.  So that makes it ready for sharing, I think.  Jesse's in charge of painting her heat register covers- they're obviously not done yet...




I've got a lot of favorite pieces in this room, but this bed.  I have loved a Jenny Lind bed for a while, but it's been cost prohibitive in most of my searches- see this beauty at Land of Nod.  But I had my mind set on it, so I kept looking, and finally stumbled upon her bed here, at Wayfair, and got it on sale for less than $200- shipped!  I'm not sure who was more excited the day this thing arrived ;)







Her bedding was a Christmas gift  (again, an awesome sale) from Mommy and Daddy this past year, and we've been so excited to finally put it to good use.  I paired it with some cheap Walmart sheets, and a quilt from Woolrich I've had for years.

Those curtains were made by Molly's babysitter, who doubles as a seamstress in her spare time.  I found the fabric online here.  I highly recommend the DIY approach to drapes- not only can you get exactly what you're looking for, but it will be so much less expensive than custom store-made curtains. 
The curtain rods are from Walmart, and the hooks from Amazon.





The dresser is handed down from my parent's house- it was mine as a kid, then followed me to college, and on into our first home.  It's had a lot of use, but it's still holding strong.  Plus I love the vintage vibe.



The fabric bunting is from etsy here, and we love it.  I love the stuff I find on that site sometimes.

The picture frames are mostly from Goodwill- but one I see from TJ Maxx.  I print 4x4" photos from my instagram feed from mpix.com, and they turn out beautifully.  It's such an easy way to update Molly's space. 



 That little rocker is handed down from Jesse's grandparents- I love it, especially it's history.  And I find Molly and a baby quietly rocking in that chair almost everyday.  She's been regularly practicing her big sister/mommy skills.  I can't wait to see her in action :)




The chalkboard came from Goodwill.  The dollhouse was a gift from Santa (it came from walmart.com).  And the prints on the wall are beauties from Katie Daisy.  We love her stuff!



So after months of gathering and planning this room, Molly has been happy to use it for sleeping and playing.  And I'm just glad she doesn't have any resentment leaving the nursery (or our bed).

Happy July!
We're on a staycation for the next few days, and are loving every minute.




No comments:

Post a Comment